Monday, February 3, 2014

Franken Kitty!

Franken Kitty! 

He's Alive!

ALIVE!

Actually, I was relatively sure he was going to live. I was just worried about the cost and about the abilities of my mildly schizophrenic and/or bi-polar neighbor to take care of him, keep him inside until I got home, etc. She did, indeed, keep him in the entire time, and while he didn't get along with the other cats, he did get along with the dogs. Which totally fits his personality, in many ways.    

He got his stitches out the Wednesday after I got home from California. I took him to the vet in a cloth cat carrier I bought a while back, hauling him in my bicycle trailer. He howled most of the way, but was a perfect gentleman for the stitches removal. When I returned home and took him out of the carrier on my neighbor's porch, he hopped out and disappeared for hours. He showed up at my back door that evening. I took this photo the next day, after the stitches were removed. He loves me again - that's all that matters.

I've been calling him Franken Kitty, per recently seeing a broadcast of a 2011 staged version Frankenstein by Nick Dear, directed by Danny Boyle, with Benedict Cumberbatch (as the doctor) and Jonny Lee Miller (as the monster - brilliant!).

I love this damn cat so much. He is the most loving cat I have ever been around. He's this big bruiser of a cat, but he mostly wants to be held and talked to and petted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment